CONTEMPORARY WORSHIP MUSIC LEADER
The contemporary worship music leader will creatively plan and implement a weekly worship service that will help people experience God and empower people to live out the gospel throughout the week.
This position is 20 hours per week
The contemporary worship music leader will work with the pastor and the Worship and Spiritual Life Committee.
- Coordinating, cultivating, developing, and leading a contemporary worship team consisting of musicians, a sound technician, and an audiovisual technician.
- Leading the praise band. This will include recruiting band members, planning the weekly service, practicing with the band, and directing the band.
- Leading weekly rehearsals and assisting the pastor in the weekly contemporary worship service
- Selecting music for the service in coordination with the pastor
Coordinating the production of the audiovisual component of the service ; train and guide the sound and audiovisual technicians
- Must have a working knowledge and previous experience in leading a contemporary worship
- Models a mature Christian faith and sense of vocation/call in music ministry
- Possess excellent musical ability in both vocals and instrumentation
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with the church staff and volunteers
- Participate in weekly worship planning meetings and staff meetings
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Be a motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Have knowledge of audio/video hardware and software technologies
- Must be familiar with current trends in contemporary praise and worship music
- Attends and makes a report at monthly Worship and Spiritual Life Committee meetings
- Personal statement of faith congruent with ALPC and the Presbyterian Church. Willingness to learn about the Presbyterian way of faith and the Presbyterian form of government.