Renewal at ALPC
ALPC is engaged in a journey to discover and become God’s vision and calling for us in 2018 and beyond. An important resource for discovering God’s vision is the practice of Bible study in community. Our first series of Renewal events is a Lenten Bible study where we will consider the nature and purpose of Christian community in light of Jesus’ teachings in the Sermon on the Mount. What would it mean to us as ALPC in 2018 if we intentionally engaged Jesus’ teachings as a guide for our life together?
In order to include as many people as possible, we are offering this 1 hour bible study to you in a variety of ways:
- Sundays at ~11:30 am on 2/18, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25 – Led by Lee Lohr
- Mondays at noon on 2/26, 3/5, 3/12, 3/19, 3/26 – Led by Pastor Charlie
- Tuesdays at 7:00 pm on 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20 – Led by Pastor Charlie
- Light dessert starting at 6:30 pm
- Lee will have activities for children from the same scripture
- For those not able to attend any of these dates, Tuesday evening’s study will be broadcast on Facebook Live. If you would like to try this option, but are unfamiliar with Facebook, please call Cindi in the church office so we can connect you with a Facebook Partner. Paper copies of the study will be available in the narthex and in the weekly bulletin, and electronic copies of the study will be emailed to you each week.
- Lauren Vann will lead the youth study, either during Sunday school or at Youth group on Wednesdays
- Also, please note that there will be no study on Monday, February 19 due to President’s Day, or on Sunday 2/25 due to our Heritage event.
The study will cover:
Week #1: Blessings of the Reign of God
The beatitudes found in Matthew 5:1-12
Week #2: A Church Living for the World
The community of faith in the world found in Matthew 5:13-16
Week #3: Jesus’ Vision of Right Relationships
Jesus’ radical call to love found in Matthew 5:17-48 & Matthew 22:34-40
Week #4: A Model for Praying and Acting
The Lord’s Prayer found in Matthew 6:1-18
Week #5: Putting it All Together
Review thoughts and insights, and envision our hopes and dreams for the future of ALPC
The general format will be prayer, scripture reading, reflection and discussion, devotions and prayer.
Please contact Bill Hamilton, Margre Lind Mills, Charlie Swartz, JoAnn Wainscott or Sybil Wendling with any questions you might have.
When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up to the mountain; and after he sat down, his disciples came to him. Then he began to speak, and taught them, saying… Matthew 5:1-2
God is inviting us on a journey. Will you come along?